I just completed the High-Definition re-rendering of The Mischievous Bears short animated movie. The process went smoother than I expected it to, considering the assets I was using were 15 years old, and plus, I haven’t really worked with 3ds Max in 10 years or so. It goes to show how little 3ds Max has changed after all of these years.
This is a list of changes made to the original 2003 movie:
- Rendered in full 16:9 1080p.
- The bear’s fur is now modeled with 3ds Max’s built in hair and fur plugin.
- Changes to a few background objects.
- Improvements to some of the camera motion.
- Adjustments to some of character animation.
- Sound effects are slightly altered and new ones included.
- Inclusion of music, created with GarageBand.
- Inclusion of the animated M20 logo at the beginning of the movie.
- Altered camera movement in the opening shot.